Music Banter - View Single Post - AC/DC Rock or Bust
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

So people who say that they never change are ignorant (insert Michael Jackson gif here)...but AC/DC never needed to change? I'm a little confused man.

To add on to my confusion you suggest that when a band makes a horrible attempt at alt-rock being an attempt to stay relevant? Bands that **** out the same album time after time (I'd name some, but just look at most of the classics) were already huge by the time that they were trying to stay relevant and had a rather sizeable fanbase that would buy whatever X Group would shove into a cd case and ram it down their throats for a couple of months saying it's the **** when it's just **** (see: Endless River; same **** I hated about all of your albums, different albums; you died an ugly swan, Pink Floyd). Metallica would definitely be one of those groups.

A band may not NEED to change their style, sometimes it's even preferred, but when Back In Black is running its course through your digestive system once again, you might want to head off to the grocery store and buy something fresh before you regurgitate it back onto your family who's really too nice to say anything about how awful it is.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote