Music Banter - View Single Post - Chamber Orchestras and Avant-Garde Lite: A Beginner´s Guide
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Glad you enjoyed it.
Really hope this thread will keep going, this kind of music is great and I'm looking forward to discovering something new in that vein.
^ Yes, I hope so too, grindy. Unfortunately, I exhausted my knowledge with my first post and can´t really recommend any more artists. All I have this morning are two clips from the musicians that are mentioned in the Misophone album review; A Hawk and a Hacksaw, and Efterklang, and I´m not really convinced by either. To me, A Hawk and a Hacksaw should really be in the Klezmer thread if there is such a thing, and Efterklang score well in terms of being Scandanavian, but sound more like smooth prog rock or something. Well, you can judge for yourself, grindy:-

Your latest clips, on the other hand, I really loved, Especially Daniell Schell and Karo, with the eclectic collection of art Works, and Alec Redfearn and the Eyesores - really great music from a very modest, homely setting. Thanks for those tips!