Music Banter - View Single Post - AC/DC Rock or Bust
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
GioMetaxas
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I acknowledge your points, all valid. Let's see if I can help your confusion, man trust me, I know I can confuse people easily with my train of (often odd) thought...

I didn't say that everyone that said AC/DC should have made changes throughout their career, were ignorant to say so. It's their opinion. I think maybe using that word was the wrong way to express my thought in the first place, so my bad there.

Frownland, I like the bands I listen to, to evolve throughout their career too. But there are those bands that are still here today, that just do not need to, and AC/DC are one of those bands in my opinion. I understand peoples desire for there to have been change at some point, but that doesn't matter because the band will do what they want in the end. AC/DC just don't seem to see a point to do any changing, whether that is because they know fans will buy whatever the pack in a cd case, as you said, or there's just no desire within the band for change.

And, no, not every attempt to try something new, is done so to remain relevant. A lot of bands do it just because they can, or want to. I've always wanted to hear a more aggressive AC/DC record, but I am content if I never get it. And don't bring Pink Floyd in to this haha, what they did with this last album, was a pretty lame move, and I don't care of it is meant to be a tribute to their keyboardist or whatever. The music was so mediocre, it hurt. I don't think they could have made it more clear how much they don't give a sh*t what their fans wanted, The Endless River was a sorry offering. But...you know, haha, I also believe bands don't need to, or shouldn't cater to their fans every demand.

To get back to my prior post and your reply to it. Ignorant was the wrong choice of a word on my part. Ignorance doesn't factor in here. So I am man enough to say you have me there, I really have no defense for why I even said that.

Bottom line. Anyone familiar with this band, should know what they'll get with albums they put out. They've been consistent with their sound from the beginning.
I agree with your points but I would like to add that as far as wanting to 'change', or not seeing the point in it, you have to take into account that their name is AC/DC for a reason. They have been labeled as raw power, electricity. Since "High Voltage" they had made a statement of what was to come. It's all about the energy that they offer through their music.

Therefore, my personal opinion is that there was or is no actual reason to change. They are preserving the primary image which they have been putting out for the past 40 years.
GioMetaxas is offline   Reply With Quote