Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuck in the Garage...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #78 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

There's a general rule/request that people using more than I think three videos on an article (may be page, not sure) spoiler them. This is because when the mods approve an entry any large amount of videos can slow down or, in the case of me once to my shame, shut them down completely. It's important to realise that we don't all have the latest hi-tech doodads, and some of our computers can't cope with all that data.

So I believe the polite thing to do is spoiler any videos more than two or three at a time. Personally, I stopped using videos late last year; I know it helps break up text but to be honest if anyone wants to hear examples of the music I'm writing about it's easy to hit Youtube.com, and to my mind if my descriptions and writing are not enough to give you a flavour of the band or the artiste, or to get across the points I'm trying to, then that's a flaw with my writing and using videos to illustrate my points is just an easy and lazy way out.

Also, often finding YTs can be annoyingly hard.

I don't mind either way, but I do find that with, for instance, Unknown Soldier's journal, my PC will struggle a little as it gets to the videos, and it's not by any means a piece of crap.