Music Banter - View Single Post - I know what I like: Trollheart's History of Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks man. Your seal of approval means a whole lot, as I'm kind of cutting in on your "Pounding Decibels" idea here, though trying to keep it as different to yours as possible.

It will be a little tough to decide what albums to listen to and what ones to discount. I personally would have left out "Pet Sounds" but the weight of public opinion and history is against me, so I had to go with it. Zappa, I don't know. Maybe I'll end up looking at all three, maybe not. I want to make sure not to avoid any albums just due to personal preference, at the same time I don't want to listen to everything just to say I did. I also don't want this to take forever, though it is fun so far anyway.

The book (one of them anyway) was a big disappointment, but it may help later on. I'm hoping the one on Prog Metal will be better, but I won't be looking at that till I guess we hit the 80s or close to that. Glad you're enjoying it this far anyway.