Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical Summary
Thread: Musical Summary
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Summary of my musical taste... I feel like I limited us too much only allowing three songs because the following does not represent clearly enough all the things I enjoy about music.

Florence and the Machine - Heavy In Your Arms

Oh Florence... I love you. Prior to finding her all I cared about was metal (on and off) and rap. She changed my taste quickly and had me searching for other unique female singers. My love for her first album started my journey into the Folk/Indie scene where I discovered acts such as Laura Marling, Emily and the Woods, and Lykke Li. I have since branched out to wide variety of music but I wouldn't have done it other wise.

Brad Sucks - Making Me Nervous

This track doesn't mean as much to me as Florence but I think it's a good representation of another kind of sound that I like. Not even sure what genre this is so I throw it in the indie category with everything else that doesn't receive radio play. I like the mellow sounds that somehow still have an energy about them and grab your attention. Nothing fancy, just nice easy listening. Good vibes. Some artists I would throw into this category if asked would be Hozier, Graveyard(TY Carpe ), Arctic Monkeys, The Beatles, Jim Croce, and Squeeze.

Last Emperor - Karma

Last Emperor, my dude. Definitely not where my interest in rap began but this track is representative of all the things I value most in my hip hop today. Positive, well written lyrics, good story telling, a nice flow, and upbeat vibes. I still love my hardcore and political artists but I have a greater appreciation for the lyrics I can relate to on a personal level nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-09-2015 at 03:06 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote