Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts About MB Members' Tastes In Music
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #81 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Subjectivity. A word you, and quite few other people that spout about what they think is superior music need to understand. Just because you like something does not equate to it being the end-all be-fucking-all of music. There are entirely too many variables into what two different people consider good music in order to have any type of grading system, so take you're so-called observation's and stick them up you're fucking ass. I hate to be a big fucking wet blanket, but yeah, there's my honest opinion.
Rule 7, dude. I'd tone down the language since I like and respect you, but that would be disingenuous to the original post. And no, this is not a cease and desist order, just a clarification that I don't need to be told about subjectivity.

Quote:
7.) Yes, we all know musical taste is subjective. We're not ****ing morons. But if your response to criticism can be summed up by that "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" Big Lebowski meme, then I'm going to ask the mods to delete the post. It's poison to debate and just makes you look like a defensive pussy who has nothing intelligent to say. Just storm off in a huff if you have nothing better to say, cause that's basically what you're doing anyway.
*runs for the hills*
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote