Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
This sums it up pretty spot on. And from The Catholic League no less.

MUSLIMS ARE RIGHT TO BE ANGRY - Catholic League
I don't know everything that Charlie Hebdo printed but some of the things that I heard were objectionable were things like a drawing of the leader of ISIS saying something like "Have a healthy new year."

I can't totally agree with Bill Donohue, because what I don't see is muslims angry at the taken of innocent life during terrorist attacks. Bill Donohue said "Stephane Charbonnier, the paper’s publisher, was killed today in the slaughter. It is too bad that he didn’t understand the role he played in his tragic death." But there are thousands of people who die at the hands of terrorist who have absolutely no role in their death. For no reason to any rational human being. They are deemed as infidels or heretics or fall victims of revenge killings and where is the outrage? I don't know if how press handles things but it seems the outrage is over bad jokes and caricatures not human life.

If Bill Donohue wants to implicate Stephane Charbonnier in his own death than maybe he should implicate hypocrites and terrorist that drive people like Charbonnier to loose respect for religion altogether. Who knows maybe Stephane Charbonnier might have done things differently in his life if his view of religion wasn't tainted by those hypocrites and terrorists.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote