Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts About MB Members' Tastes In Music
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:04 AM   #116 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Ah, so many responses required! Why do I have to sleep?
So, then (cracks knuckles --- OW!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
^ this seems a bit ironic considering http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...our-music.html although it seems like The Batlord stole your idea and turned it into a Spill Your Guts Thread.
That's something entirely different. In doing that I'm listening (or will be listening) to the music people ALLOW ME to listen and rating it given THEIR PERMISSION. Here, Batty is letting anyone jump on anyone regardless of their feelings, hence the thing with Plankton. In other words, and to put it in a way Batty can identify with, what I'm doing is consensual, what he's doing is not always so.

Also, I have not yet rated anyone's music so for all you know I may love everything I hear. Even if I don't I will make constructive posts about why I don't like, or get it. I won't be insulting people. Not saying Batty's doing that but it does come across as preachy and judgemental --- "I know what you should be listening to" --- which is why I won't be contributing to this, other than to respond to things posted to or about me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why would you say I stole from Trollheart when I clearly stole from Freebase. Besides, how could I steal from Trollheart when he already steals all of his ideas from me?
This is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Back the lori up just a minute. You stole from Conan who stole from Freebase Dali. And Trollheart has plenty of other members to help him brainstorm his ideas, he don't need to steal from you.
This is also true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Just stroke the man's ego Neo, please?!
She said his EGO....
Quote:
We should start calling him the Great Borrower.
With the emphasis on "Great"...

Quote:
I don't really need to be helped out. This thread is either A.) a bit of anti-social fun, or B.) a way to introduce someone to a different point of view. The fact that you're reacting negatively to criticism kind of proves my point that you're a fogie who's stuck in his musical ways. Now you're not just a fogie, but a cantankerous old fogie. You'll notice that, even with Trollheart's post against this thread, he still liked what I recommended. So, maybe I wasn't wholly off the mark?
It wasn't really a post against the thread, just one to say I don't enjoy participating in something like this. I didn't ask for it to be closed down (wouldn't do that) but there are things I take part in and things I don't. Guess which category this falls into?

Anyway, the second part of your post really comes more under a sort of "Recommend a song for..." which, had this been that, I would have been fine with. You're kind of softening the blow a little. "Your music taste is crap but I can help you"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post

Trollheart - It's been said here a lot already, but the guy listens to a lot of 70's prog and rock it seems, and dosent really seem all that interested in listening to a lot of newer music coming out. It's not really to blame my dad does it all the time, and seeing from the age database that your a few years older than him I can totally understand that.
Again people generalise. I listen to (mostly) more 80s prog first of all, also AOR and a lot of metal as you've all seen from Metal Month. Then there's Waits, Fogelberg, Griffiths, a-ha, lots of classical, Earle, ELO, Vangelis and a whole lot more. Remember, just because I don't get to review it does not mean I don't listen to it. Were you to see a screengrab of my music directories you might be surprised. Please don't assume, just as people assume Orph is only into garage rock. All you're seeing here is an example, a taster or a sample really. I've been around for over 50 years and have been into music for approximately 35 of those, longer than some of you have been alive. I have listened to more music tha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz