Music Banter - View Single Post - Jimi Hendrix
Thread: Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
you have a point but some people simply prefer older music. its a matter of taste. i personally prefer older music but i still love some new stuff thats around- every era has its great bands. theres people around now like jack white, johnny greenwood and matt bellamy who are brilliant guitar players- yet i still think hendrix is better. its not an anti-modern thread, its just for people who prfer the older stuff.
Also Joe bonamassa and malsmteen are also guitar gods of the modern era. Yeah I'm with you on preffering older music too. Just a personal preference I understand, but a well chosen one IMO. I also enjoy listening to red house by jimi. I have to say that i prefer SRV cover of little wing over jimis original. I have Jimi plays berkley, it kicks ass, not as much as how the west was won or song remains the same, but still its one of my fav. music dvds that I own. I wish I was around back in the day to go to woodstock. How amazing to see Hendrix, CSN, and the Who all play on the same stage.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline   Reply With Quote