Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #91 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The Lee Rigby case is entirely different, but using your arguments - didn't they kill him because of his complacency and participation in an illegal war that killed hundreds of innocents and ravaged the Middle East? I wouldn't say so, because no matter how much I disagree with what Lee Rigby has done being beheaded in the street is a disgusting way to be killed.
Yes it might be disgusting, but it still amazes me how people are appalled when this type of thing happens, like it should never happen here. We're supposedly fighting a barbaric opponent in the Middle East, when means their way of fighting doesn't follow the rules of war that most people generally accept.

Quote:
Even if Lee Rigby or the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists had been truly atrocious human beings, the murderers are still the ones to blame. People should simply not be subjected to these levels of violence.
Given that these extremists feel that the west is inflicting this violence on them, the situation works both ways. If your country is actively involved in war directly or indirectly it's going to be a target and in warfare rules usually don't apply.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote