Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #93 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Yes it might be disgusting, but it still amazes me how people are appalled when this type of thing happens, like it should never happen here. We're supposedly fighting a barbaric opponent in the Middle East, when means their way of fighting doesn't follow the rules of war that most people generally accept.

Given that these extremists feel that the west is inflicting this violence on them, the situation works both ways. If your country is actively involved in war directly or indirectly it's going to be a target and in warfare rules usually don't apply.
I actually agree with all of this. If it appeared like my point was saying otherwise, I just didn't express myself fully. I think the war is the root of the problem and I am ashamed to be part of a country that has done so much damage to the Middle East. However that doesn't justify this behavior at all, this type of retribution is seriously flawed. The fact is this event has wide reaching implications about the way this world works and the morality of our nations.
James is offline   Reply With Quote