Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #96 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It does shift part of the blame towards them, at least the three cartoonists. It's meant to. I'm not saying they wanted to die, but they must have known the risks. Why not draw pictures of drunk Irishmen or Messi or Hitler or something? If you poke the hornets' nest, given that there is a sign warning you not to, don't be surprised if you get stung.

I jsut personally think the emphasis is too much on what happened and not why. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has said that they at least partially brought this upon themselves. It's not even being considered. Chula's analogy is very apt: why would you do that, knowing what you know? There are other ways to express yourself that don't involve insulting the religion of a people who have a section of their population/adherents mentally tilted towards bloody retribution. We're back to the lion's head again.

And still nothing about the police killed. People are adept here at ignoring certain parts of posts and focussing on others...
See I think this is absolutely disgusting. It shouldn't matter in the slightest what they did, they shouldn't have been executed in the street. We are free to do and say what we want within the limits of the law, we shouldn't have to censor ourselves because of fear of being shot.
James is offline   Reply With Quote