Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #97 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I actually agree with all of this. If it appeared like my point was saying otherwise, I just didn't express myself fully. I think the war is the root of the problem and I am ashamed to be part of a country that has done so much damage to the Middle East. However that doesn't justify this behavior at all, this type of retribution is seriously flawed. The fact is this event has wide reaching implications about the way this world works and the morality of our nations.
Whilst we are generally agreeing, you need to take different perspectives into consideration. Firstly it's no good applying western morality to the people's of the Middle East and then using it to condemn them. These savages by our standards have a very different morality code and are fully used to executions in public that they deem to be justifiable.

We're in 2015 and it still amazes me when so-called educated people cite that democracy needs to be installed in the Middle East. Given the fact that half of Europe is not aware of what democracy actually is, I find it a complete waste of time for the Middle East. They have their own doctrine and should be allowed to operate it as they see fit and as long as we the west continually involve ourselves in their affairs, then we really shouldn't complain about how they react.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote