Music Banter - View Single Post - The jewels in your music collection
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Yeah, but it's impossible for a digital release to be rare or unique or anything like that.
For digital the first thing that came to my mind that has any sort of real historical value is my personal recording of Boards of Canada's latest full-length Tomorrow's Harvest. After a very long wait and mountains of hype , on June 3rd, 2013, BOC live broadcasted the full album online a couple of days ahead of release. I remember the broadcast time happened to line up very inconveniently with the end of my shift that night, so I had like 10 minutes to make it home on a walk that normally took 20. I made it just in time to launch Audacity, open their site, and hit record, missing about 10 seconds of the intro track. I've since bought a genuine recording of the record but that recorded stream has some pretty memorable personal significance, especially with the missing first 10 seconds, I had never been that hyped for a record release before.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote