Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #104 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
While it's not their faultt hat they were conditioned that way, killing people in the streets is just so obviously immoral to me.
That's because you're civilised and they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
First of all I am only parroting others who are calling it racist. I don't live in France or understand how the word applies there. I also don't fully understand how badly affected the Muslim population is by the cartoons.

If enough folks from over there define them as racist then I will take their word for it.
The word racist has different connotations not just in different countries but also linguistically. In the example of France, the country as far as western Europe goes has had more 'racial issues' than any other since WWII.

If you take the country's deep colonial roots, the Algerian problem, the huge African and Muslim immigration cycles over the years, the history of racially incited riots, the strength of the French National Front movement, the freedom of speech by both extremists on both the right and the left, the history of satirical literature to print whatever it wants and the country's unique and direct political agenda on foreign affairs, has certainly created a country of severe cultural divisions that has really been evident since the 1960s.

So yer the country is certainly far more racist than the UK is most aspects, largely due to some of the divisions I've mentioned above.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote