Music Banter - View Single Post - The jewels in your music collection
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Yo I can hold onto that until you get a turntable if you want.
I'll consider your kind offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
For digital the first thing that came to my mind that has any sort of real historical value is my personal recording of Boards of Canada's latest full-length Tomorrow's Harvest. After a very long wait and mountains of hype , on June 3rd, 2013, BOC live broadcasted the full album online a couple of days ahead of release. I remember the broadcast time happened to line up very inconveniently with the end of my shift that night, so I had like 10 minutes to make it home on a walk that normally took 20. I made it just in time to launch Audacity, open their site, and hit record, missing about 10 seconds of the intro track. I've since bought a genuine recording of the record but that recorded stream has some pretty memorable personal significance, especially with the missing first 10 seconds, I had never been that hyped for a record release before.
Cool story. (Damn, it's impossible to say that without sounding sarcastic. I'm not being that though.)

Now that I think of it, I do have cherrished digital items.
I once wrote a positive youtube comment to an artist's video and he contacted me to thank me. We chatted a bit and at some point he not only sent me FLACs of all his albums, but also some unreleased demos, live recordings and alternative versions. Super nice guy. Afterwards I bought all his stuff that was available anyway. He deserves it.