Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts About MB Members' Tastes In Music
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #170 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
@ Batlord

lol, I just read your new, drunken post. You still make it sound like mainstream is the kind of music I focus on, because it isn't. I steer away from mainstream, because I want music that comes from a different place of creativity, that's not so shallow. I like mainstream bands, but it's like I said, most everyone does. But mainstream is not where my taste resides in. And I'm not lost on what underground music is, neither. So I'm not some poser guy haha. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest? Been there, done that my friend. If you want to send me rec's, try sending me obscure bands in these genre; Metal, Doom Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, bare in mind that I have to have good melody in the music I listen to, I don't like bands that seem to think melody isn't important.
I'm on beer #9, so give me one genre you want above all others, preferably with some sub-genre specifics. Tomorrow I can give you something extensive. But right now i need something I can just list a bunch of like-minded groups without having to use real thought. Hey, you like Rob Flynn? Here's Vio-Lence, his band before Machine Head. They're stereotypical thrash to the nth degree, but they ****ing rule. **** yeah Vio-Lence. So pissed I missed them when they were doing reunion shows back in the day. They need to release new music, but it is what it is. Vocals are kind of an aqcuired taste, but whatevs. If you don't like them then don't talk to me.

And here's Dark Angel just cause. Brutal prog thrash brilliance.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote