Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #193 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I consider victim blaming, blame shifting, blame sharing to be quite grotesque. The only blame for the murders in this case, lies squarely on the shoulders of the lunatics who committed those murders.

And the problem with keeping quiet and not "poking the hornet's nest" is that you could apply it to any situation where people stand up for themselves against others who threaten to do them harm. Any of the rights most of us in the Western world probably tend to take for granted; civil rights, gay rights, women's rights (just to name a few) would probably be little more than fantasies had it not been for people who continued to speak out and offend and anger those who were against them. And those who continue to speak out for those (and other) issues today all over the world are often threatened with death by lunatics of all stripes. The world would be much worse off if nobody was willing to risk speaking out against those who try to intimidate others into silence and submission through fear and intimidation.
That was very well written. I agree completely with your sentiments.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote