Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Burzum racist?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Default Is Burzum racist?

Wall of text story:
Once upon a time this new dude joined my class.
He's almost bald, like a skinhead. He wears these particular boots, like a skinhead.
My first thoughts were ''ooh, maybe finally someone else that likes punk''.
I also really hoped he wasn't a racist skinhead. I thought, eh, there's plenty of other types of skinheads that weren't racist (hell, the original kind listened to jamaican reggae/ska). I'm half black btw. I didn't want to judge him without knowing him.

I started talking to him and he said he loves Black Metal. I had never listened to Black Metal, but I was interested in it. I asked for some bands. he let me listen to Burzum on his phone, it was pretty nice.. He told me this story about how ****ed up the vocalist is, but creepily enough it seemed like he kinda looked up to him in a way.. I tried again, not to judge.

I noticed how with almost anything people said, he went against it. Sometimes those conversations would feel slightly strange..but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and not judge.

I asked if he liked any Punk, he only liked a few Oi! bands, pretty much.
Then a while later he said he told he listens to this german world war 2 music or whatever. , and he really REALLY liked it. that was weird...
He later actually said that the nazi/racist punk bands made better music...
Weirdly, when he told me all this **** he was still nice to me.
I kept thinking ''You do know I'm black..right?''

Then when listening to a Burzum album in class, which I thought was okay, suddenly a girl in my class and him were arguing really loudly. Apparently he said something racist about muslims(no, the girl was not a muslim). It seems like he's never said much about black people, but he does have a thing against muslims.

Then the biggest offense came. In drawing class, he was drawing what looked like Hitler. At least it was similar to him. I'm dead ****ing serious.
How did they even let this dude in our school? 0.o.

Now, somewhere I read that the burzum vocalist who's done a bunch of ****ed up **** is also racist, but I don't know if that's true.
Even so, that made me even more creeped out by this dude. The weirdest part still is that he's been pretty nice to me.

Now, this dude actually pretty much scared me off of listening to more black metal. At first I was really eager to check out more black metal, but now I'm feeling like it less and less. oh, and best of all, he's also a hipster. He literally said he didn't like Nirvana because it's too ''Mainstream'' -_-

The actual question:

So that brings me to my question, is Burzum racist? are any other big Black Metal bands racist? Just wondering.

Last edited by Dylstew; 01-11-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote