Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #22449 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post

Alice Coltrane / Pharoah Sanders - Journey in Satchidananda
Alice is a severely, severely underrated artist in jazz history. Her particular brand of almost-ambient, Eastern-tinged, spiritual free jazz is incredible, and definitely a good spin when you're in the mood for it. And obviously anything Pharoah Sanders touches becomes a little more cosmic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

Lantlos - Melting Sun.
I think it's amazing how far Metal music has diversified in the last ten years or so and for the better IMO. Far from being a dyed in the wool neanderthal metalhead I look like, I don't constantly hanker for the old days and hate change (although I still love a great riff when I hear one) when I listen to an album and don't quite know where it is musically going I am pleasantly surprised and intrigued.

Of course if a band is going to dip into musical territories outside of Metal then I expect them to know what they are doing and be good at it instead of being merely different for the sake of it. Close ties with the mighty Alcest have been severed on this album but that hasn't hampered them at all. This album is a great big swirly tour de force of heavy riffs, exquisite atmosphere and pointed lamentation. In fact it's not really a Metal album; well it is but you could easily be into shoegaze and get off on it.
I just heard about this and was intrigued, put it on my "2014" Grooveshark playlist. I'm glad to see you recommend it, I trust pretty much anything you say about metal (or anything metal related). Are the vocals more traditional, or are they more "metally?"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote