Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 AM   #232 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i really disagree. i think you are failing to take the extremists at their word. they say what they care about is islamic law. pure and simple. that's not me or the media or whoever else saying it, that's them. you can't actually blame it all on socioeconomic factors and imperialism without utterly disregarding the extremists' own message. the issues you cite are part of the cause, but only part. there is an ideological root at the core of their mentality that is a basic rejection of liberal values. i know that fact makes some of us uncomfortable but it is what it is.
You really think that terrorists just woke up one day and were like "Even though our religion is against murder, let's go kill people who disagree with us"? Thousands of years of violence and a massive array of issues have created this problem, but you keep looking for one specific group of people to blame. The funny thing is, your mentality is the same mentality that the terrorists hold, as they constantly hold groups of people accountable for things that are beyond anyone's control, and they truly believe that violence will solve the problem. But guess what? Thousands of years have passed, and the violence hasn't solved anything. In fact, it has only made things worse. As soon as you realize that you're knocking down scarecrows, you'll realize that understanding and compromise are beautiful things that seem tiny and frivolous, but have proven time and again that they are the most powerful things on earth.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote