Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:35 AM   #245 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
edit - the ghandi / civil rights example is funny cause you can use it as an analogy here. what tactic did they use? passive defiance in the face of thuggery. when they were attacked with violence, they continued to use civil disobedience to get their point across. to me, saying we should compromise in the face of thuggery is akin to saying ghandi & co should have given up when they were attacked. i mean they should have known better right? what did they expect, provoking those racist white people like that? you would think they would have learned not to poke the polar bear.
They preached peace and understanding when confronted with violence. Remember Ghandi's quote "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"? The British, who could have squashed their rebellion, made compromises with them, and eventually peacefully gave them their independence. And it's all because people decided to give up on violence and revenge. Compromising wouldn't have been just giving up; non-violence was the compromise.

If they had followed your advice of fighting back when attacked by an enemy, they'd still be subjugated.

But thank you for proving my point even further.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote