Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #252 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

I can't emphasis this enough...

Your argument (compromise doesn't work in the face of violence):

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i'm arguing against compromise in the face of violence.
Quote:
it's pure insanity to me that you guys are willing to accept this level of discourse. honestly you should be deported to iraq for wanting to appease these bearded thugs.
Quote:
itt muslims can't be expected to act like civilized human beings so nobody better offend them or else you have it coming when they go jihad on your ass
Quote:
if you fire shots at me i will fire back out of instinct.

what i'm saying specifically is that "it could be handled better" is wrong. i don't know how much clearer i can make that. "handling it better" to me means appeasing terrorists. i don't think that is the right approach.
Quote:
we should use violence where necessary... for example to apprehend the thugs in question.
The part when you gave up on that argument (admitting that compromise does work in the face of violence):

Quote:
it is an example of non-violent tactics (i.e. expression) being used to coax compromise out of violent thugs. that is great.

the racists compromised and stopped being violent.
Quote:
edit - the ghandi / civil rights example is funny cause you can use it as an analogy here. what tactic did they use? passive defiance in the face of thuggery. when they were attacked with violence, they continued to use civil disobedience to get their point across.
Please stop posting in this thread, You have been debunked on every level.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 01-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote