Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #257 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
if by compromise you mean self-censor then i don't think we should do that. i think in the civil rights analogy that kind of compromise would have been akin to the protesters just giving up and agreeing to drink from different water fountains and **** to appease the racists. that's the kind of compromise that i'm not really in favor of.
I never said that I supported censorship. In fact, I spent the majority of the thread defending freedom of speech. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
But try to remember that the freedom of expression is one that you're enjoying right now, as you argue with me. Without it, we wouldn't even have the ability to be discussing this topic right now. Losing that freedom, even in small pieces over a long period of time, is a horrible tragedy.
My point is that respect and understanding lead to small compromises between enemies over time, and eventually positive change occurs. You've already agreed with me on this, and we both agree that freedom of speech shouldn't ever be given away. So why are we fighting again? I realize that I may have come off as rude at certain times, and I apologize. Friends?
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote