Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #259 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I never said that I supported censorship. In fact, I spent the majority of the thread defending freedom of speech. For example:

My point is that respect and understanding lead to small compromises between enemies over time, and eventually positive change occurs. You've already agreed with me on this, and we both agree that freedom of speech shouldn't ever be given away. So why are we fighting again? I realize that I may have come off as rude at certain times, and I apologize. Friends?
yea i agree with you as long as you agree we shouldn't stop insulting their prophet to avoid terrorism or whatever. i'm not even the type to go seeking out this fight like burning the koran and bull**** like that, its just when it does go down i'm always going to side with the people who are being attacked with actual violence. if muslim extremists just responded back with their own hateful cartoons then i might even side with them instead. either way even if you disagree with me here i'm wiling to drop it at this point. and at the friends? thing i'm fine with you, i don't take this sort of thing personally like i said lol. i guess i do have vitriol in my arguments but its for the argument i'm up against not the person presenting them,
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote