Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #235 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Coin Locker Kid - Traumnovelle (2013)

When Janszoon introduced this guy to me in plug I was pretty floored by his style on the track. I hadn't heard anything quite like it. Dark, weird, tribal and a unique style of "rapping". However, that track was taken off an earlier album. And whilst I do enjoy his older works for their uniqueness and how dark they can be at times - they don't come close to Traumnovelle for me in terms of enjoyment. This album is a whole other beast. It combines the abstract tendencies of old with more straight to the point catchiness.

A fine example of this is "Rollergrrrl". A track that kicks right off with a bouncing beat, whirling sounds and a neat verse/chorus from CLK. The combination of a conventional beat, and off-kilter effects is magical. But what makes this track (and album) special is what happens after the chorus ends. It descends into a sonic freak-out, eventually returning to the chorus.

It's the merging of mainstream sensibilities and the obvious experimental tendencies CLK brings to the plate that makes this album a wondrous experience for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote