Music Banter - View Single Post - How the **** Are You Supposed to Take Online Classes When You're On the Internet
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Seriously? I'm taking online classes for a community college, and on the second day I'm already having issues with commitment. I've always been terrible at maintaining interest in school, and studying, and doing work, and pretty much everything associated with institutional learning. I've always been smart enough to skate by, but if I'm not even being forced to sit in on class, and I don't have a teacher to talk to me face-to-face, I sense trouble. My grandparents have fronted almost a thousand bucks for this, so slacking off just isn't an option.

So how the **** am I supposed to go against my most deeply ingrained urges to laziness and procrastination, especially when I have to do it ON THE INTERNET?
This is most likely the stupidest suggestion I ever made, but given your slant on things, you never know, it might work.

Think of yourself as a superhero -- Deadpool, Batman, whoever: make up a new persona maybe --- then see it as your mission to take all classes and to reach a certain pass mark. **** it, dress as a superhero if you have to, to reinforce the idea. See boredom, distraction etc as villians you must defeat, and every time you slack off they win another victory.

It's just so ****ing crazy it might work!

Or imagine your metal heroes watching you, and sighing in disappointment every time you fail to attend...