Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #594 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I'm strictly speaking in American culture, I know things are messed up in other parts of the world but I'm not part of their culture and have a limited understanding of it so I'm not going to pass judgement on it.

What they get away with is if some psycho is attacking you with a knife or something the guy is just expected to disarm her or defend himself without harming her, meanwhile the same situation can be reversed and the chick could probably kill the guy claiming self-defense and get away with it. You are putting words in my mouth, the type of scenario your setting up has absolutely nothing to do with the imbalance in the system I am speaking of. Obviously, when a woman calls the cops and they arrive to her covered in bruises and beat to sh*t there is something wrong with the guy and not her 99.9999% of the time.
I think you're regretting writing "domestic abuse" as a benefit that women have, and now you're trying to defend yourself with sentiments about women getting off of murder/manslaughter charges. Society gives men positive reinforcement to defend themselves, while constantly painting women as helpless victims? What a burden.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote