Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats your fav guitar?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #77 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Yeay, ribbons! At last you'll have a Tele-ish guitar again!

I remember you were wanting a Tele several years ago, when your dream guitar was the inca silver American made Telecaster with a rosewood fretboard and, ideally, a silver pickguard.

I'm delighted to learn that you'll soon have a Squier Tele so you can again make pleasantly jangly guitar tones *and* so your new acoustic guitar will have a friend.

Chula's 280 year old reclaimed pine body Tele and EPOCH6's ash body Tele (even without knots!) are beautiful. This thread threatens to reignite my little guitar obsession phase I went through several years ago.
Thanks, Erica! It was you who inspired me to dream about Teles again. Thanks so much for that. I went for the Squier Classic Vibe because at $380 it seemed a good deal for a Tele whose reviews seemed uniformly excellent. It’s supposed to arrive on Monday and I’ll post a pic although I suspect it will be KNOT-less and pale in comparison with Chula’s glorious 280 year old reclaimed pine body Tele and EPOCH6’s beautiful ash body Tele!

I received the Guild M-120 acoustic, by the way, and absolutely love it. Such a nice woodsy sounding guitar. I had a used ’62 Gibson Hummingbird as a teenager, and although I loved its ringing tone and was tempted to go for an Epiphone Hummingbird now, I decided against it remembering that I had felt a little encumbered by the Hummingbird. The parlor sized Guild is perfect and very comfortable. Anyway, now that I have an acoustic and an (expected) electric, I feel set for the rest of my life! I’ll be an old lady in a rocking chair with two guitars and a 25 watt amp.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote