Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Burzum racist?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #157 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
That's the Zulu doll's title. I'm a pacifist.

Seriously though, what the story with that? All I have to go by is what's listed on his Wiki page. Was it like an east coast vs. west coast rap kinda thing here in the US???
Basically, Euronymous (the murderee) ran a basement-level record company to release a lot of the black metal albums coming from the Norwegian scene, including Burzum. Unfortunately Euronymous was a terrible businessman, and Varg wasn't getting much if any money that he felt he was owed, so... yeah.

He and another guy from the scene drove up from Bergen, where Varg is from, supposedly to sign a record contract. When they showed up Varg went up to Euronymous' apartment, and the rest is history.

Varg tries to paint it that Euronymous was the belligerent one who was threatening his life all throughout the few weeks or months before the murder, but his reasoning is pretty sketchy.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote