Music Banter - View Single Post - Congratulations to Stephanie Roche
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Does anyone know the rules? I agree that even of the ten, which were shortlisted to three, some of them were not what I would call world class goals. And like you say CB, there were better ones that did not make it.
The criteria states the goal should be aesthetically beautiful (and the nominations should include a range of goals - long range strikes, volleys, team moves etc)

It can't be the result of luck or a deflection so I'm assuming that's why Ibrahimovic's isn't allowed.

I was reading about this a while back when the nominations were first put up on the FIFA website, and level of competition was also a factor but I can't find anything about that now.

Quote:
Even the World XI I they picked I thought was lacking in certain positions. No Gareth Bale? No Aguerro?
The forwards were OK imo it was defence and midfield where they picked the wrong players. Aguero doing nothing in the World Cup wouldn't have helped his case.

Goetze > Iniesta
Atleti defenders > Luiz

None of the Brazil defenders were there in person, I don't blame them, must have been too embarrassed.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote