Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #307 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
lol. oh well, i tried man. i mean i've said again and again i'm not advocating violence and you keep bringing it back to that.
You do realize that your mission statement in this argument was:

Quote:
i'm arguing against compromise in the face of violence.
Quote:
if you fire shots at me i will fire back
Advocating violence is the entirety of your argument. The whole point to your argument is that we shouldn't let terrorists get away with harming people. My point is that rooting out terrorist cells is much more complicated than just shooting at them. The only way to stop terrorist cells is to overcome the factors that caused them to spring up in the first place (which I backed up by pointing out that The Black Panthers disappeared once racial equality reached a significant point of progress, and the socio-economic factors that had caused the group to form had disappeared). You're complaining that you don't like a certain flower, and want to pull it out of your garden. I'm pointing out that if you keep putting the same seeds in the same soil, you're going to get the same flower.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 01-15-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote