Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #14856 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyOndioline View Post
I know it will never win Best Picture (damn you, Boyhood) but I'm seriously hoping for a Best Supporting Actor win for JK Simmons and a Best Editing win for Tom Cross, because both of those aspects of the film were absolute perfection. I'd cross my fingers for Sound Mixing too, but for some reason I have a feeling Interstellar is going to snag that one.

Reiterating that snubbing Essie Davis, though expected, is a god damn shame.
Whiplash getting 5 nominations was such a massive relief, it's doing so well for a low-budget underdog. It's a nice feeling seeing such a relatively small production making such a massive splash. **** is going to hit the fan in the best way on Oscars night if J.K. Simmons actually manages to scoop Best Supporting Actor over Edward Norton and Ethan Hawke. I think Sound Mixing is going to be a close race, Interstellar and Birdman were actually very impressive in that category but I'm certainly rooting for Whiplash. However I don't think Whiplash stands a chance against Boyhood or Grand Budapest in Film Editing, I'm rooting for Grand Budapest Hotel in that category.

EDIT: To be honest I don't think Boyhood is going to dominate much this year, I'm thinking Birdman is going to take home the most. Not only is it a technical masterpiece, it's a film about the film industry being voted upon by film industry professionals.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote