Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #14859 (permalink)
JennyOndioline
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
Whiplash getting 5 nominations was such a massive relief, it's doing so well for a low-budget underdog. It's a nice feeling seeing such a relatively small production making such a massive splash. **** is going to hit the fan in the best way on Oscars night if J.K. Simmons actually manages to scoop Best Supporting Actor over Edward Norton and Ethan Hawke. I think Sound Mixing is going to be a close race, Interstellar and Birdman were actually very impressive in that category but I'm certainly rooting for Whiplash. However I don't think Whiplash stands a chance against Boyhood or Grand Budapest in Film Editing, I'm rooting for Grand Budapest Hotel in that category.

EDIT: To be honest I don't think Boyhood is going to dominate much this year, I'm thinking Birdman is going to take home the most. Not only is it a technical masterpiece, it's a film about the film industry being voted upon by film industry professionals.
I could see all of these things happening, for sure. I think Keaton is a lock for Best Actor, but for some reason I think the Academy might pull out BP for Boyhood as a sort of lifetime achievement award for Linklater. Actually, now that I think about it, they might give Birdman BP and Linklater director. Enh.

Sad to see Selma being pushed to the wayside. I guess we assuaged all our white guilt last year with 12 Years A Slave, right folks?? Sigh.
JennyOndioline is offline   Reply With Quote