Music Banter - View Single Post - What is that instrument please?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rexx Shredd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgStreet View Post
Thanks for your answer! You seems to know what you're talking about, yes ! Unfortunetly it seems a little complicated for me and I don't have the know-how to reproduce it, I wanted to know the name of this effect if I can find any similar sound or samples.
If you are using software that allows the use of VSTi software synthesizers, all you need to do is Google "Free VSTi plugins" in the search ( softsynths are referred to as VSTi while plugin fx are referred to an abridged VST, so you know the difference)....There are literally TONS out there....Here is a good place to start

VST 4 FREE - Free Audio Plug-ins Archives

You are looking for an analog VSTi with at least two oscillators and a bonus if it has a DSP built into the software)........

You can also look to SynthEdit's webpage: Synthedit is an IDE for developing software synths. There are a lot of people that use SynthEdit that post their creations or will supply links.

I have written two of my own VSTis in Java using a jVST Wrapper but my junk is crude :P but, if you code, hear ya go
http://jvstwrapper.sourceforge.net/

Basic rule with Free anything is simple: Theres a lot of crap to sift through before you find the diamond youre looking for

Good Luck
Rexx Shredd is offline   Reply With Quote