Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #7062 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
General opinions are extremely positive. It's one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

I personally loved it. If you want a character/story-driven game, you aren't going to find much better than this. It actually took me a while to warm up to it though. I think it picks up greatly from the point you're currently at.
I haven't played much over the last week but will spend some time playing this weekend. I've noticed that there is a lot of travelling around and going from building to building and sneaking etc and finding ladders and blocks to climb etc is not exactly difficult as it's easy to find your way, so none of that is innovative, but what I do like is the mood and graphics of the game they are pretty special. I've just got to the part where Tess has sacrificed herself (didn't see that coming) and they have now gone through the subway and just left the city. I like the idea of conserving your ammo, even though I've just wasted a whole load and could've sneaked instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
I played it for the first time last year and went into it with a pretty critical perspective, it took a while to win me over too but it certainly did by the halfway point. I still think the controls and relatively repetitive gameplay are fair game for light criticism, but the story and characters are something to be remembered for many years to come.
Sure the characters are something special and I guess the game works as a horror, as those Clickers scare the crap out of me and I always make sure I got a couple of shivs on me now.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote