Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #248 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

129. Christian Death -Only Theater Of Pain (1982)

In my opinion the definitive gothic/death rock album...especially if you get the cd or tape version with the Deathwish EP...this album is practically a rite of passage for any kid who chooses to look at life's darker side

whats great about is how well it still stands up....i mean i first heard this album in 1989...and this was a major game changer....of course it was....i was 13 and hated everyone around me....and this album is beyond over the top for depressive misanthropy...but even listening to it right now....it really is just a damn good album

hypnotic ritual like assaults of guitar....thunderous yet ominous bass lines....and surprisingly well structured drums which keep this to it's origins in punk rock

and then there is Rozz Williams....whose voice and lyrics are equally unique, poetic, sleazy and morbid

130. The Black Heart Procession - 2 (1999)

:If you'll be the light house in the storm
I'll be the ship filled with a thousand dead souls"

i think i would say that this album could easily be a top ten of all time for me....the songs on this album are gut wrenchingly beautiful and so full of sorrow

as for the music itself....i can't even begin to describe it...there really is very little that sounds anything like this....defiantly "indie" but so much more than that.....with accordion, saw and whirling moog synths

it's strange how simplistic and yet really complex these songs are....i just can't really describe it

seriously if you have never heard The Black Heart Procession...get this album....pour some bourbon on the rocks and listen to it in a fire lit room
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote