Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #22501 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Spent some Christmas money on more records tonight...

Pig Destroyer—Mass & Volume
Two surprisingly doomy tracks from the Phantom Limb sessions put together as an EP that come off as a big departure from the band's usual grindcore style. I was honestly surprised by how incredibly good this is. They could have a whole separate career making sludgy, doomy music like this.

Features: Transparent green vinyl, access to digital download

Witch Mountain—Mobile of Angels
I've always had mixed feelings about this band. On the hand, I appreciate the uniqueness of having swaggering female vocals as the centerpiece of a doom band. On the other hand, sometimes she starts veering a little too close to Evanescence territory for my liking. That said, I do appreciate the fact that the vocals seem more integrated into the mix this time around, instead of sitting on top of it.

Features: Ok cover art. Boring gatefold photo of the band walking through the forest.

Electric Wizard—Time to Die
After the somewhat disappointing Black Masses, it's nice to hear another solid album from these guys. It's raw and dirty and heavy as hell, combining the best aspects of We Live and Witchcult Today. Very good stuff.

Features: Poster of the band members all lying in coffins. Nice cult-ish photo collage sleeves. Hilarious and awesome gatefold photo reminiscent of the movie River's Edge.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote