Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi!
Thread: Hi!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Blanche_Minim
Account Disabled

Default Hi!

I don't like rap, but I like Rock, Death Metal, Nu-Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, 60' 70's, 80's Pop, Jazz, Classical, Blues, Film Music, Japanese Music, and Disney Music.

I love music with melody. I tried making my own melody and I realized that it is very hard. I wanted to make my own melodies, but my own is very cheesy, almost like nursery rhymes.

The more I was down and out, was the time I realized and appreciated melody even more.

If you notice I listen to metal and it is not even melodic. It is something I listened to when I was a teenager. I was just originally listening to metal and watched Disney movies when I was a kid. Then there was a time where I was in a particular church where the pastor asked me throw away all my metal cd's in the garbage because metal is demonic, satanic, blah blah blah. During that time, I felt like being slave to the church. But that event allowed me to listen to other genres and that's why I listen to a lot of genres.

We moved to a new church after that and the new pastor is a music pastor. He plays keyboard, bass, and drums. The whole band in the church, plays by ear. I never talked about spiritual stuff to my pastor, I just talk music to him and I started listening to metal again.

I won't be in this hole forever. I just discovered a melody book in the internet and there are composition and improvisation courses in my school so hopefully I can make my own melodies.
Blanche_Minim is offline   Reply With Quote