Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #430 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
That is funny, isn't it? People who attacked me for saying people should be allowed to display swastikas in public and people opposed to it should grow up and get over it are some of the same ones here saying we should be allowed to say anything we want about Muslims and they have no right to get so pissed off about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Moral of the story:

it is very easy to get all noble and shout "FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION" when your expression is offending someone else. When their expression offends you, it's amazing how fast freedom of expression flies out the window. And if anyone calls you on your hypocrisy just get all witty and shout, "SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!! SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!!"

That is all.
From what I saw, nobody "attacked" you. They told you that swastikas were offensive to people, and that displaying them was a bad decision. They weren't trying to start some conspiracy to steal your freedom of expression away, and they weren't actually stopping you from doing it, they were just trying to comment on what they thought was a ignorant action. See, when people have freedom of expression, they're allowed to do this thing called "voicing their opinions", and it works both ways. Trying to voice your opinions while condemning anyone who disagrees with you as some sort of freedom thief is just childish and hypocritical. The fact that your second post actually calls out your opponents for being hypocrites, when all they were doing is what you are currently doing now, makes it one of the most blind things I've ever seen someone write on this website. How could you write that with a straight face? It's comparable to someone shouting "I hate people who swear! They're really ****ty people!"

Here's what you need to understand: Your threads don't keep getting shut down because people are trying to restrict you from expressing yourself. They get shut down because you refuse to follow the rules of the website (like in the atomic bomb thread, when you kept putting up graphic pictures after they were taken down), and because you're incredibly rude to anyone who even slightly disagrees with you (like in the case of the swastika thread).

Last edited by Oriphiel; 01-18-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote