Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #254 (permalink)
Key

It's the return of...

Pretty self explanatory. Let's get into it right away shall we...

If you were to ask me a few years ago what I think of Jacobs Dream, I would've said they are pretty alright. With 112 plays on my last.fm, that's proof enough. However, as time went on, they started to make their way towards the bottom of my list of bands that I rate highly. Actually, they're a band that I rate pretty poorly when it comes to this genre. I believe this is one of those instances where I was really trying to get into this side of power metal / progressive rock, that even a ****ty band was considered good in my book. Funny thing is, my main issue with this band is the vocalist, and that hasn't really changed from the first time I listened to them. I could never really stand the vocals. I haven't really bothered with them recently, and going back and listening to them again, they don't seem nearly as good as I once thought they were. I will say that they did shine a path on other bands I really like in this genre, like Narnia, and Audiovision. I don't really see Jacobs Dream making a positive impact on me anytime soon, or at all in the future.

Key is offline   Reply With Quote