Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #22550 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

The New Christs - Incantations (2014)
This reminded me of The Dream Syndicate, so I guess that makes it Paisley Underground or something. No stand-out tracks on first listens, we'll see about future listens.

Gum Takes Tooth - Mirrors Fold (2014)
Grabbed this off a friend's top 10 albums of 2014. I like it, really good percussion and bass-driven sound.

Constant Lovers - Experience Feelings (2014)
I've heard a few songs but it was my first time playing the album. Post-hardcore basically, leaning toward just being punk since it's not particularly complex. Vocals are yelled basically, so I was reminded of Pile and At the Drive-In at times - closer to Pile as it's a deeper voice than Cedric's. Anyway I liked it, will play again.

Hausu - Total (2013)
Another one I've had on my playlist a while, my first time playing the album. It's varied enough that it's hard to pin down - there's some post-harcore, some midwestern emo influences, a smidge of post-punk perhaps but not much. I'm not yet sure how much I liked it, I'll have to try again. It was interesting in the way that anytime I felt like I was ready to move on to the next song because the song wasn't really developing that much, I looked at the timer and the song was almost over. So maybe it just works better as an album and no particular songs stood out, and it could grow on me.

Bauhaus - Burning From the Inside (1983)
Finally got around to playing this one, the fourth in their discography and the fourth I've listened to. Really liked it overall.