Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Metal Albums you should hear before you die
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default 1001 Metal Albums you should hear before you die

Yeah, the same as the prog thread. Thought we could do with a specific thread for certain genres. Well, two. Sure, we're probably never going to come close to 1001 albums, but let's see how many we know of, can recommend or think should be in the list. Try not to post discographies: if you like a particular artiste try to think of their best one, two or three albums, and again, don't post them simultaeneously.

Also, please only post if you want to contribute. If you don't like metal head somewhere else. And get that head checked. How can you not like metal?

Usual mini-rules apply: no order but please number each album as it goes in, post a picture if you can and a year, and if possible write a few short lines about why this album should be included.

For those of you who don't know, I've started a journal to link with this, you can find it here http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...e-you-die.html. As albums are reviewed there I'll link back to them here. If an album has already been reviewed by me in my main journal, it will still get a different review in the new one, so I'll link both.

An obvious one to start:

Iron Maiden --- Powerslave --- (1984)
People slag me over my love for The Number of the Beast but I have my reasons. However this really marked the pinnacle of Maiden's golden era, with amazing songs like the title track and "Aces high", not forgetting of course the incredible "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"! And what a cover!

Read more here: http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...ml#post1375018

and here 1001 Metal Albums: Powerslave - Iron Maiden

Last edited by Trollheart; 08-11-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Trollheart is online now   Reply With Quote