Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #255 (permalink)
Key

Another brand spankin' new section in my journal. This one is pretty self explanatory. Say there were albums released in 2014 that you absolutely love. Now, say those same albums were actually set to release in 2015. Knowing what you know now, i'm sure if those albums were released in 2015, you'd probably fall in love with them again as they did the year prior. That's pretty much the concept here.

tl;dr i'm basically going to talk about albums that I absolutely love that were released in 2014.

First off we have...

Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls

Now there's a few things I would like to mention that relate to this album, so i'll get right into it. I wasn't the biggest fan of Judas Priest prior to this album. Honestly, I never really saw myself listening to them that much. I was given the opportunity to see them in concert in 2014, on their Redeemer of Souls tour, and y'know, I couldn't pass up a potentially great concert. Once I knew I was going, I asked people who had seen them live what they thought, and man I got more excited every time someone told me how they really know how put on a show. Do I share that same opinion? Hell yes I do. Seeing Judas Priest really shined a new light on my fan-ship of them. Since it was the Redeemer of Souls tour, I figured i'd give the album of the same name a listen, and man, I was blown away on first listen. Before the concert, I went through their discography to sort of get a feel for what i'd be expecting at the concert, and once I listened to Redeemer of Souls, I realized that Judas Priest has had an incredibly strong and successful discography throughout. I hadn't really noticed it before, but they've stuck to their marbles since day 1, and seeing them live made them even more true. I think the exact same thing about Iron Maiden in the sense that each album you listen to is something special. In my experience, I haven't listened to a Judas Priest album that I haven't liked. Furthermore I don't really see myself going "man, this song is meh" or "they could've done better". I see myself really enjoying the music. Same is said for this album specifically. A lot of great tracks as well, but this one is by far one of the best i've heard:

It's that heavy rock sound mixed with the beautiful vocals of Rob Halford that really make this song and this album one of the best you'll hear from 2014. I strongly suggest giving it a listen.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote