Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 05:42 AM   #437 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
The actions of these terrorists is creating more and more such associations and if it goes far enough, you can end up in a situation where islamism and the harmless things that relate to the religion remind us of fear, violence and terror.
i agree with the overall message of your post, just want to point out that islamism refers specifically to the political ideology of ruling through islam. i don't consider this to be harmless, personally.

i agree overall that the main problem with this kind of incident is that it drives a wedge further and further between our cultures/civilizations. there are plenty of muslims who would condemn the terrorism and would still be offended at the cartoons. i would agree with them. the cartoons might be insensitive and they have a right to attack it with words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I've read, that there were a lot of muslims protesting against the terrorist attacks.
Now I don't watch TV, so I might be mistaken there, but it seems that this doesn't really get reported, unlike the violent protests against the caricatures, which creates quite an unbalanced and biased view of muslim people. If that is the case, the media should really change the way they deal with this. People sadly generally focus on their petty differences instead of their deeper similarities and this doesn't help at all.
the media is in the business of making money, not mending cultural strife
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote