Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #30181 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm not much of a believer in people changing. They can mature, sure, but that core person is probably gonna be the same. He might be a more worthwhile person to know, but he's still a guy who walked out on his kid and never made any effort past one phone call almost two decades to get in contact. Apparently he has another kid he doesn't speak to as well, so I sense a pattern. I'll give him a shot, but I'm keeping my distance for now. (Although the knowledge that I have a half brother is kind of a trip, as I've been an only child my whole life.)

Not saying I'm gonna cut him out of my life at the first sign of him being not who I want him to be. I'm way past the age where I'd have to actually rely on him, so if he's kind of a dick then whatevs. Not really gonna affect me much. Honestly, I'm more curious than anything else. About him, sure, but more about the oddness of the situation.

I have no real idea of what the hell a dad is, so I'm not pining after anything I feel I've been denied, as the idea of "dad" is essentially a meaningless, abstract concept to me. I'm just kind of amused/bemused by all this. Whatever emotions are going on with me under the surface, right now I'm kind of dispassionately interested in what the near future is gonna be like. I'm definitely having a beer or five when we have lunch or dinner this weekend though. (On his dime of course.)
I swallowed 4 Percocet, and oredered the most exspensive thing on the menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote