Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #30184 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Apparently he has another kid he doesn't speak to as well, so I sense a pattern. I'll give him a shot, but I'm keeping my distance for now. (Although the knowledge that I have a half brother is kind of a trip, as I've been an only child my whole life.)
I have a friend that has 3 kids with 3 different women that he never see's. He's really not in touch with reality, but for the most part he's a solid person. He was taught that's the way to be by his father who beat him as a child then left, never to be seen again. I'm not condoning it, but some people lack the mental capacity to break that cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I have no real idea of what the hell a dad is, so I'm not pining after anything I feel I've been denied, as the idea of "dad" is essentially a meaningless, abstract concept to me. I'm just kind of amused/bemused by all this. Whatever emotions are going on with me under the surface, right now I'm kind of dispassionately interested in what the near future is gonna be like. I'm definitely having a beer or five when we have lunch or dinner this weekend though. (On his dime of course.)
I'd say your instructor from military school would be the closest thing to a father you've ever experienced, and it's a blessing to you that you've had that opportunity to have someone to look up to like that.

You seem to be going into it with the right attitude. Best of luck to you my friend.