Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart takes on "1001 Albums you must hear before you die"
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:37 AM   #98 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay then, time to get this show back on the road again. I should point out that I have deleted the “Introduction” category, as it really didn't seem to be working. Also, as WWWP requested genres I'm now including those, but be advised that I am, in the case of those bands or artistes I don't know, just going by what the mighty W tells me they are. If I'm wrong, don't blame me. But you can tell me. So then, on we go!

Album title: The Libertines
Artiste: The Libertines
Year: 2004
Nationality: British
Genre Garage Rock
Chronology: Second album
Previous experience of this artiste, if any: I know of Pete Doherty (isn't he the one from Dead or Alive? Oh no, that's Pete Burns. Disregard the opening statement in that case)
Am I glad I heard this album before I died? Yeah it's okay, but I could have died without having heard it...
Tracklisting: Can't stand me now, Last post on the bugle, Don't be shy, The man who would be king, The music when the lights go out, Narcissist, The ha ha wall, Arbeit macht frei, Campaign of hate, What Katie did, Tomblands, The saga, Road to ruin, What became of the Likely Lads?
Comments: Decent enough rock album, good guitar work but nothing particularly grabs me till we get to The man who would be king, which really reminds me of It's Immaterial's Driving away from home. Odd. Touches of Knopfleresque guitar here too. The next one puts me in mind of something off “The final cut”, very Waters in the opening parts. Good song. This album seems to alternate between quite decent rock and then some energetic and frenetic almost punk. Then What Katie did recalls the Brotherhood of Man, lord save us! Eclectic certainly.
Favourite track(s): The man who would be king, Music when the lights go out, Road to ruin
Least favourite track(s): Arbeit macht frei, Narcissist
My impression: Decent enough. Something I could see myself perhaps getting into had I a few more listens. Not bad at all.
Rating:

Last edited by Trollheart; 02-02-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote