Music Banter - View Single Post - The French Massacre - Do We Stand Up For Free Speech?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #523 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Alright, I'll give you that one. Just don't expect that to become a normal thing.

But to get back on subject, being educated in a Muslim country is a cruel joke. All that learning for what? So some a-sshole cleric can overrule you with the worst quranic drivel ever dredged up in the mind of man? While all the arseholes around you agree with him because they're too stupid or too scared to disagree? For the sake of intelligence, decency and individual freedom, that religion needs to die.
I agree with your first sentence, given the fact that the whole concept of learning is actually meant to broaden the mind and encourage freedom of expression, but of course I'm saying that as a westerner.

The concept of education though is very different in a communist or muslim state, where the state in the former controls the information that can be obtained (I'm not sure how they could control that now with internet) or in a muslim state where religious authority dictates the type of knowledge that can be accepted for the good of their society.

I imagine that there are a number of educated muslims who have no misgivings of how things operate concerning education in their own countries, as it's a system that is normal to them and they probably wholly agree with the religious controls imposed, basically the polar opposite of how we view education here in the west. It's really just a question of what a person or society are used to.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote